This course will introduce you to basic legal terms and provide insight into court processes, comparative legal systems, legal traditions, root words, and government structures. You will also learn legal terminology related to key legal proceedings such as contract law, property law, conveyancing, corporate, international law and more.
Association of Executive and Administrative Professionals
What you will learn
- A wide range of legal terms covering many different aspects of legal proceedings
- Court processes and a range of legal settings
- An introduction to property, contract, commercial and international laws related terms
How you will benefit
- Self - paced, online study
- Gain confidence in use of legal terminology in the workplace and elsewhere
- Experienced and knowledgeable tutor support
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 100 course hours
- Introduction to Legal Terminology
- History of Common Legal Terms
- The Legal Setting: The Various Fields of Law
- The Legal Setting: Stages, Processes and Actors
- Introduction to Property Law
- Laws Related to Transfer and Conveyance of Property
- Commercial Law: Contracts and Insurance
- Commercial Law: Corporations and Banks
- Laws Covering Non-Contractual Obligations
- International Law
Chad Patrick Osorio is a lecturer and member of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines. His specialty is business, information technology and economics. He holds a master's degree from Aix-Marseille University, and a Juris Doctor and bachelor's from the University of Philippines.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 7 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins, except for the ExpressScribe software.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.