This course covers the legal principles governing the administration and regulation of government agencies. You will learn how agencies are governed, how rules are made and how key agencies administer and enact rules and relevant statutes. You will also learn how matters are adjudicated according to regulations enacted by Congress.
What you will learn
- The basics of administrative law and procedures
- Review administrative agencies and the roles that they play in our society
- Understand judicial review in relation to administrative agencies
- Learn legal terminology related to administrative law
How you will benefit
- Gain knowledge of agency administration law that will help you in a career in local, state and federal agencies.
- Gain knowledge in rules and regulations of federal agencies that have a wide impact and control on the operation of our society.
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months access
- 24 course hours
- Introduction to Administration Law
- Administrative Agencies
- Administrative Procedures Act
- Separation of Powers
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- Political Control over Agencies
- Due Process of Law
- Political Controls over Agency Action
- Legislative Oversight
- Executive Oversight
- Rule Making and Right to a Court Review
- Types of Rules
- Rule Making Process
- Right to Court Review
- Examples of Administrative Agencies
- Review of SEC
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to complete this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
You can start this course at any time your schedule permits.
You have 3 month access to the course. After enrolling, you can learn and complete the course at your own pace, within the allotted access period.
There is no time limit to complete each lesson, other than completing all lessons within the allotted access period.
Because this course is self-paced, no extensions will be granted after the start of your enrollment.