The course will teach you how to work with contract law as a paralegal. Key topics include contract case law examples, uniform commercial code and more.
What you will learn
- Fundamental elements of a contract: offer, acceptance and consideration.
- Contractual relationships, defenses to a contract and the main legal rules of law school cases.
How you will benefit
- Gain a clear understanding of contract law prior to starting law school.
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months access
- 20 course hours
- Case Law and FIRAC
- Uniform Commercial Code
- Contract Acceptance
- Express Contracts and Implied Contracts
- Fact Patterns
- The Mailbox Rule
- Legal Benefit and Legal Detriment
- Promissory Estoppel
- Contractual Capacity
- Third-Party Beneficiaries
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
You can start this course at any time your schedule permits.
You have 3 month access to the course. After enrolling, you can learn and complete the course at your own pace, within the allotted access period.
There is no time limit to complete each lesson, other than completing all lessons within the allotted access period.
Because this course is self-paced, no extensions will be granted after the start of your enrollment.