This course will help you navigate the laws of probate processes and estate planning. You'll learn how various types of ownership affect the passage of property at owner death, with or without a will. You will also learn about the administration and taxation of estates as well as basic requirements for trusts, wills and guardianships.
What you will learn
- Components of a will
- Execution of a will
- Trusts in estate planning
How you will benefit
- Gain a new understanding of estate planning and wills and how to work with laws that impact these
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months access
- 24 course hours
- Introduction to Estate Planning
- Components of a Will
- Execution of a Will
- Trusts in Estate Planning
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
You can start this course at any time your schedule permits.
You have 3 month access to the course. After enrolling, you can learn and complete the course at your own pace, within the allotted access period.
There is no time limit to complete each lesson, other than completing all lessons within the allotted access period.
Because this course is self-paced, no extensions will be granted after the start of your enrollment.