Transactional legal professionals negotiate, draft and interpret contracts. This course will teach the provisions included in different types of general contracts, M&A documents and SEC documents. You will also learn drafting standards and work hands-on drafting, interpreting and negotiating various document provisions.
What you will learn
- Tools for effective transactional writing and drafting, including plain English
- Tips for effective and efficient speed in drafting
- Warning signs in "cookie-cutter" documents
- Important terminology in representations and warranties
- Strategies for structuring the deal in your contracts
How you will benefit
- Build a solid foundation of first-year law school topics.
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months access
- 24 course hours
- Client Focus
- Defined Terms
- Grammatical Concerns
There are no prerequisites to taking this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.10 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
You can start this course at any time your schedule permits.
You have 3 month access to the course. After enrolling, you can learn and complete the course at your own pace, within the allotted access period.
There is no time limit to complete each lesson, other than completing all lessons within the allotted access period.
Because this course is self-paced, no extensions will be granted after the start of your enrollment.