Adobe Certified Professional in Video Design (Vouchers Included)
Are you interested in Video Design? Does the power to influence using video content appeal to you? If so, then this course is for you! Video content is used almost everywhere. Successful video editors know how to use their technical skills with precision to tell a story. If you want to become a master storyteller, achieving the Adobe Certified Professional in Video Design credential will help you. Earn the necessary certifications in Premiere Pro and Photoshop Adobe Certified Associate to show...
University of the District of Columbia
Details + Objectives
Course code: GES3052
What you will learn
- Understand how to work with Photoshop to edit pixel-based images to use in print, on the web, in video, and in mobile apps
- Gain general knowledge about working in the video industry
- Learn to work with Premiere Pro to create and edit videos
How you will benefit
- Launch your career as a graphic designer and/or videographer
- Prepare yourself for becoming an Adobe Certified Professional in Video Design
- Master two of the key programs in Adobe's Creative Suite, which offers some of the most widely used programs for graphic designers
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 105 course hours
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud
- Exploring the Photoshop Workspace
- Image Size and Resolution
- Selection Tools
- Color Correction
- Advanced Layer Techniques
- Working with Type and Vector Shapes
- Designing for Web
- Preparing Final Art
- Introduction to Premiere Pro Creative Cloud
- Introduction to the Premiere Pro Interface
- Thinking in Video
- Setting Up a Project
- Basic Video Editing
- Clips and Markers
- Advanced Editing Techniques
- Working with Audio
- Visual Effects
- Color Correction and Grading
- Compositing Techniques
- Graphics and Titles
- Working in the Video Industry
Instructors & Support
Tracy Berry has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide. She was also involved in several large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, and reporting/productivity applications.
There are no prerequisites to take this course; however, you must have familiarity with using a personal computer and in a Windows or Mac environment. You must also be able to launch and close programs, navigate to information stored on the computer, and manage files and folders.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac. A Chromebook is not compatible.
The processor should be:
- Intel® 7th Gen or newer CPU or Apple silicon M1 or newer for Mac.
- Intel® 7th Gen or newer CPU with Quick Sync – or AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series / Threadripper 2000 series or newer CPU for Windows.
In addition, the computer should have at a minimum:
- 4 GB of GPU memory.
- 16 GB of RAM.
- 8 GB of available hard-disk space for installation.
- Display of 1920 x 1080 or greater.
- A microphone.
- A webcam.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Photoshop (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Premiere Pro (not included in enrollment). See Premiere Pro system requirements for detailed hardware and software specifications.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account
- Optional: Digital video camera - like on many modern mobile phones.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, you will be prepared for the Photoshop and Premiere Pro Adobe Certified Professional certifications. By earning the Photoshop and Premiere Pro certifications, you will gain the Adobe Certified Professional in Video Design certification.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
After you register, you will receive 6 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.
ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.
ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."