Business Operations Specialist
Regardless of company size, operational management drives business success. This practical online course will teach you the fundamentals of business management and operational planning. You will gain essential skills and strategies that you can put into action at your workplace, such as risk management, scheduling, and control.
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Key financial, risk, and operational management concepts
- Planning and implementing a range of operational solutions
- Building innovation in the workforce
- Leading and managing diverse teams
How you will benefit
- Gain key skills and knowledge in operational planning and administration
- Create actionable solutions to organizational problems in your business
- Learn from a veteran business instructor in a flexible online environment
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 200 course hours
- Business Operations
- Financial Management
- Lead and Manage Teams
- Implementing a Sales Plan
- Implementing Customer Service Strategies
- Implementing Marketing
- Implementing Continuous Improvement
- Build Client Relationships and Networks
- Operations Management
- Operational Planning
- Manage Continuous Improvement
- Manage Risk
- Manage Intellectual Property
- Lead and Manage Workplace Relationships
- Build an Innovative Workplace
- Incorporate Digital Solutions
- Develop a Sales Plan
- Manage Quality Customer Service
Jamie Calbeto is an educator specializing in business, information technology, and logistics. He was both faculty at RMIT University Vietnam for more than a decade, teaching supply chain management and coordinating in the School of Business. Calbeto holds a Bachelor of Economics from University of Central Florida, a Master of Science in Industrial Technology from East Carolina University, and a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Any word processing application (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.