Certified Model Know How
The comprehensive Model Know How online course is designed for anyone serious about a full-time modeling career. Students will be mentored by Naima Mora, supermodel, and winner of America's Next Top Model (ANTM). The ten modules will teach you how to identify your look, find a reputable agency, the art of the pose, makeup looks for different types of auditions, and how to build your social media. Furthermore, you will master photo shoots, prepare for media spots, and discover how to turn...
Association of Executive and Administrative Professionals
What you will learn
- Foundations on modeling: look, composition card, and reputable agencies
- Perfect art of posing and runway walk
- How to set up social media, attract followers, and monetize their brand
- Ways to create content, master styled shoots, and develop concepts
- Understand the history of modeling and how to turn it into a long-standing career
- Discover how to style hair and apply makeup for specific types of model looks
How you will benefit
- Work with reputable agencies, build a model portfolio, prepare for casting and auditions, and understand the importance of a composition card
- Knowledge of the runway walk including hand placement, model gaze, the long stride, simple pivot turn, advanced turns, different runway themes, and showing the garment
- Perfect the Art of Posing which includes depth of field, light awareness, making shapes two-dimensionally, changing directions and perfecting your pose
- Understand the importance of social media, branding and authenticity, hashtags and discoverability, online networking, and monetizing social media
- Identify your specialty and representation that works for you, know how to represent your brand in press interviews
- Recognize and perfect different types of model looks (casting, commercial, high fashion, and editorial looks), how to build content creation, styled shoots, and concept development
- Earn the Model Know How Certification offered by LWPI
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 9 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 240 course hours
- The Foundations of Modeling
- The Basics of Modeling
- Life is a Runway, Walk it Like a Model
- Pose Like a Pro: The Art of Posing
- Social Media & Branding: Make Yourself a Business
- Career Strategizing and Entrepreneurship
- Content Creation
- History of Modeling: Then and Now
- Hair and Makeup Basics
- Preparing for Press Interviews
Naima Mora shot to stardom as the winner and fan favorite of the hit TV series, "America's Next Top Model." She has also been the face of international campaigns, including Cover Girl, Samsung, Bandolier, and Islander Swimwear. Her television performances include roles on America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, BRAVO TV's Strut, The Tyra Banks Show, Veronica Mars, lead host for CBS's "Twlln," and many more.
As a model and talent, Naima has graced the cover of reputable fashion magazines such as Elegant, Vicious, Cover, B.L.A.C., Modern Salon, H Mag, Look Guatemala, Honey Be Natural, and Gla's Magazine. She has also been featured in editorial spreads in ELLE, SENSE Japan, FLESH Mexico, INKED, and many more. She has also received sponsorships from Nike Women, Vita CoCo, WNBA Los Angeles Sparks, and Bartaile.
Part of Naima's drive as an artist is to inspire people worldwide. She authored the inspirational book "Model Behavior," been an inspirational guest speaker, and lead a host of large-scale fashion events, including a TEDx TALK performance and a feature in SGI Peace & Value Creation Buddhist Organization's "Buddhist In America."
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes, the Model Know How Certification through Lovegevity.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
After you register, you will receive 9 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.
If you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee will be charged. If you are funded through a third-party organization, approval may also be required.
The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions and provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also receive support from the student advising team.
Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.
ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.
ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. To learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."