George Mason University
What you will learn
- Concepts of onsite networking
- Cloud concepts
- Concepts of cloud-based networking
- Azure workloads
- Security and privacy in Azure
- Azure subscriptions
- Concepts of hybrid networking
- Azure application support
- How to manage and monitor Azure Services
How you will benefit
- You will be prepared for the AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam
- Increase your career opportunities as an IT professional
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 3 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 40 course hours
- Onsite Networking
- Benefits and Considerations of Using Cloud Services
- Differences between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Differences Between Public, Private, and Hybrid Clouds
- Core Azure Architecture Components
- Core Products Available and Subscriptions in Azure
- Azure Management and Monitoring Tools
- Securing Network Connectivity in Azure
- Core Azure Identity Services
- Security Tools and Features of Azure
- Azure Governance Methodologies
- Conditional Access
- Using Profiles
- Privacy Standards
- Azure Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Mobile Application Management (MDM)
- Windows Defender Tools
Will Panek is a worldwide recognized Microsoft instructor and author. Will Panek is a 5-time Microsoft MVP and has published over 30 titles on Microsoft technologies. Will is a passionate and authoritative instructor and makes sure that his students can implement Microsoft technologies and get themselves certified along the way. Outside the class and authorship, you'd be likely to find Will at the forge smithing his latest creation.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word Online
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, you will be prepared to sit for the AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals exam.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
After you register, you will receive 3 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
Our courses are designed to accommodate various learning preferences. Depending on the course structure, you may get different forms of support. Self-paced courses are designed to be user-friendly and independent, minimizing the need for external support. In courses with instructors, our direct platform support feature includes opportunities for questions, discussions, and remediation, with email and phone support available for select courses. Our student advising team is available to guide you on program requirements and administrative requests, but they do not provide assistance with course content. Our goal is to provide you with the necessary support for success, whether it's through self-paced exploration, direct communication, or guidance from our advising team.
Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.
ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.
ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."