CompTIA Certification Training: Network+, Security+ (Vouchers Included)
Earning certifications from the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA), an internationally recognized vendor of IT-based certifications, can help your career as you can prove your knowledge and skillset to employers, potential employers, coworkers, and even yourself.
This course will help you become better prepared for two CompTIA certifications that are ideal for mid-level professionals. The CompTIA Network+ and Security+ certifications are the most highly recognized, vendor-...
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Understand and explain a variety of networking concepts
- Implement best practices to manage networks
- Understand the digital threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities to IT systems
- Implement response procedures, risk mitigation techniques, and security features to IT systems
How you will benefit
- Become better prepared for the CompTIA Network+ and Security+ certification exams
- Experience professional growth opportunities to expand network and security experiences
- Gain knowledge and experience to pursue new positions or career paths
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 9 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 190 course hours
- CompTIA™ Network+ N10-007
- Foundations of Networking and Infrastructure
- Addressing, Protocols, and Routing
- Cabling and Wireless Networking
- Virtualization and the Cloud, Subnets, and VLANs
- Risk Management and Security
- Network Performance and WANs
- CompTIA™ Security+ SY0-601
- Security Foundations
- Security and Protection
- Security and Networks
- Enterprise Security
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.
While there are no official prerequisites to take this course, CompTIA recommends at least 9 to 12 months of networking experience and two years of IT administration experience with a security focus.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CompTIA Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals
- Network+ Guide to Networks
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes, upon completion of this course you will be prepared to sit for the CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+ exams.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive nine (9) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.
The majority of labs can be done using the online lab system. A lab scheduling link is included.
Learning networking at home is easy when you enroll in an online course like those offered from ed2go. With a virtual interactive lab environment and one-on-one interaction with your instructor, our complete online training is a great way to fit networking classes into your busy schedule.