CompTIA IT Fundamentals (Voucher Included)
Prove that you know today's technologies with CompTIA IT Fundamentals. From networking and cybersecurity essentials to hardware and software basics, IT Fundamentals demonstrates your readiness for the digital workplace.
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam is designed to help you learn more about the world of information technology (IT). It's ideal if you're considering a career in IT or if you work in an allied field that requires a broad understanding of IT. CompTIA IT Fundamentals can also be a stepping stone to more advanced certifications such as CompTIA A+, and, with specialized experience, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+.
George Mason University
What you will learn
- Identify and understand the purpose of computer components
- Compare and contrast different connector types
- Compare and contrast Operating Systems and their functions and features
- Define and identify basic security threats
- Understand how to implement the best IT and security practices
- Perform proper steps to set up a basic workstation
- Describe the importance and impact of various environmental and safety concepts
How you will benefit
- Understand network essentials
- Communicate effectively when discussing IT basics
- Learn software and hardware management practices
- Gain essential IT knowledge for a career in the IT and related field(s)
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 100 course hours
- IT Foundations
- IT Framework
- IT Programs
- IT Programming
- IT Databases
- IT Security
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- Mac users are encouraged to have access to a Windows environment on their device.
- PC: Windows 8 or newer.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) Study Guide: FC0-U61
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes. You will be prepared to take the CompTIA IT Fundamentals FC0-U61 Exam.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course as soon as you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.