Winning RFP Responses (Self-Paced Tutorial)
Winning RFP Responses was written by an entrepreneur that has owned and operated 15 small businesses over the decades. Bringing additional revenue into your business can increase its sustainability. Have you ever thought about all the other businesses, organizations, and government agencies that likely need your goods or services? Did you know that even the smallest business can submit an award-winning bid and benefit from steady revenues?
RFPs can be daunting when you are faced with page-after-page of legal language, questions, and forms to fill in. This course will guide you through each step of researching, reading, understanding, evaluating, writing, and submitting award-winning bid responses. By the end of the course, you might even find a new career track as an RFP bid specialist. The possibilities for your business and your career are endless.
What you will learn
- Describe the components of a winning business proposal
- Organize and draft business proposal components to create a winning RFP response
- Evaluate RFP peer responses like procurement agency teams
- Improve RFP responses with award-winning enhancements
- Explain career opportunities for skilled RFP writers
How you will benefit
- Increased ability to research RFPs and determine if they are a go or no-go for bidding
- Improved evaluation skills for evaluating your bid proposal's content before its submission to a procurement agency
- Better understanding of what it takes to submit a successful bid proposal
- Heightened analysis for sizing up your bidding competition and determining if your business should be a sole bidder or a subcontractor for another business with a higher chance of winning a contract award
- Awareness of how to protest a procurement agency's decision to award the contract to another business
How the course is taught
- Instructor-led or self-paced online course
- 6 Weeks or 3 Months access
- 24 course hours
- Introduction to Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Reading and Marking Up RFPs
- Federal RFPs
- Evaluating RFP Responses Internally
- Creating RFP Boilerplate Language About Your Business
- Writing the RFP Statement of Work
- Preparing the RFP Cost Proposal
- Preparing RFP Documents, Exhibits, and Other Attachments
- Packaging, Submitting RFP Bids, and Preparing for Future Bids
- RFP Evaluating Factors for Contract Awards
- RFP Bidding Mistakes to Avoid
- Career Tracks for RFP Writers
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Chromebook, or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Microsoft Word or equivalent, such as MS Word online.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Instructor-Led: A new session of each course begins each month. Please refer to the session start dates for scheduling.
Self-Paced: You can start this course at any time your schedule permits.
Instructor-Led: Once a course session starts, two lessons will be released each week for the 6 week duration of your course. You will have access to all previously released lessons until the course ends.
Self-Paced: You have 3 month access to the course. After enrolling, you can learn and complete the course at your own pace, within the allotted access period.
Instructor-Led: The interactive discussion area for each lesson automatically closes two weeks after each lesson is released, so you're encouraged to complete each lesson within two weeks of its release.
Self-Paced: There is no time limit to complete each lesson, other than completing all lessons within the allotted access period.
Instructor-Led: The final exam will be released on the same day as the last lesson. Once the final exam has been released, you will have two weeks plus 10 days (24 days total) to complete the final and finish any remaining lessons in your course. No further extensions can be provided beyond these 10 days.
Self-Paced: Because this course is self-paced, no extensions will be granted after the start of your enrollment.