University of the District of Columbia
Keys to Effective Communication
If you often find yourself at a loss for words or lack confidence in your communication abilities, you'll appreciate this course. With the help of a patient instructor and a supportive community of your fellow students, you'll work step by step through the process of becoming a great conversationalist. You'll learn to use communication to build rapport and create environments of trust, warmth, and respect. Become more confident, create a great first impression, get along well with others, and create more and better personal and professional relationships.
The goal of Effective Selling is not to teach you how to make a sale today, but to help you discover how you can easily convert a potential customer into a long-term asset. Effective Selling will help you lay the groundwork for repeat business and your future success. In sales, there are no quick fixes. However, with the knowledge, planning skills, communication techniques, and understanding of human nature that you will gain from this course, your sales will grow as if by magic.
Professional Sales Skills
Today, there are no shortages of opportunities for skilled salespeople. In good times or bad, companies never stop looking for sales representatives that can help them meet their financial goals. If you've always dreamed of becoming successful in sales, this course is exactly what you need. You'll learn how to turn prospects into buyers, how to provide proper customer service, how to develop a sales plan, and more!
Suite bundles are not eligible for partial drops or refunds. Transfers to other open sessions of the same course are available. Please refer to your school for additional details regarding drops, transfers, and refunds on Suite bundles.
How the course is taught
- Instructor-led online course
- 72 course hours
- Keys to Effective Communication
- Introduction to the Keys to Effective Communication
- Pacing, Linking and Leading
- Mastering Learning Styles
- Regaining Lost Rapport
- Mastering Motivation
- Group Presentations
- Communication in Leadership and Teamwork
- Communication With Children
- Subconscious Communication
- Managing Stressful Communication and Anger
- Review of the Keys to Effective Communication
- Effective Selling
- Laying the Groundwork
- Itineraries, Sales Call Reports, and the Customer Database
- Selling Yourself, Your Company, and Your Product
- Communication Skills
- Developing Effective Sales Presentations
- Recognizing Personality Types
- Presentations for Different Personality Types
- Closing the Sale
- Converting Customer Complaints to Delight
- Effective Negotiation
- Dealing With Your Competition
- Difficult Situations
- Professional Sales Skills
- Time Management
- Pipeline Management
- The Initial Call
- Closing the Account
- Account Management
- Putting Your Sales Plan Into Action
Dawn Lianna, who holds a Master's degree in counseling and psychology, teaches communication, stress management, natural health, and therapy skills to capacity audiences. A seasoned writer, teacher, and counselor, Lianna is known for her humanitarian style, quick wit, motivational skills and warmth.
Steve Payseur began his career in sales in 1979, and his sales have increased an average of 22% a year for more than 20 years. As a Sales Manager, he set up a training program for his sales force, and he has conducted training programs for several Fortune 500 companies. Mr. Payseur is the author of "Selling Effective Techniques for Getting and Keeping Customers," a book based on his years of experience and extensive research. A recognized authority in the field of sales, he has been interviewed on several occasions for national sales magazines. Mr. Payseur has written and published two top-selling books, has two more books in the development stage, and has won several literary competitions. His online courses and classroom seminars have been characterized as open, honest, lively, fun, and informative.
With a Master of Science degree in Training and Learning Technology, and extensive experience as a Human Resources Manager, Dave Paquin has been training, coaching and managing sales personnel for more than ten years.
Instructor Interaction: The instructor looks forward to interacting with learners in the online moderated discussion area to share their expertise and answer any questions you may have on the course content.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.