Certified EKG Technician (Voucher Included)
Electrocardiography (EKG) technicians are vital members of any healthcare team. If you want to join the booming healthcare industry as an EKG tech, this in-depth course will train you to apply, monitor, and measure electrocardiography tests in a flexible, online learning environment. You will also learn key subjects needed to earn a nationally recognized EKG technician certification, such as measuring basic vital signs, performing rapid response procedures, operating an EKG machine, and...
Association of Executive and Administrative Professionals
What you will learn
- Concepts of cardiac anatomy and physiology, infection control and standard precautions, communication and legal issues in healthcare, history of electrocardiography
- Electrocardiography, electrocardiography interpretation of various types of EKGs
- Application theory of EKGs, application procedure of EKGs
How you will benefit
- You will learn the theoretical knowledge of an EKG Technician
- You will be prepared to sit for the provisional Certified EKG Technician Specialist (CETS) exam, offered by American Education Certification Association or utilize the included Externship Starter Kit to qualify for a full Certified EKG Technician (CET) certification offered by the National Healthcareer Association
- You may work with physicians/doctors, nurses, and other healthcare related professionals
- Assistance from our Externship Coordinator and access to our Externship Starter Kit
- The exam voucher option for either the Certified EKG Technician Specialist (CETS) exam or the Certified EKG Technician (CET) exam.
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 6 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 100 course hours
- Cardiac Anatomy and Physiology
- Infection Control
- Communication and Legal Issues in Healthcare
- History of EKG
- EKG Introduction
- EKG Interpretation
- EKG Application Theory
- EKG Application Procedure
Jacqueline Garcia holds an Instructor Certification to teach EKG Technician Program. Ms. Garcia has served as a subject matter expert for the EKG textbook. She has also developed curriculums for EKG technician program for career schools and is actively involved in teaching EKG at several career schools. She is an active member of AECA as an EKG Technician.
To take this online course, you should have one of the following: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent, entrance test, or previous healthcare experience. To qualify for the certification exam, a High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Please check with your state for any specific requirements they might have before registering.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 7 or later.
- Mac: Works Only on Puffin Browser.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
Yes, ed2go courses are completely online. However, keep in mind that not all certifying bodies or industry-specific certifications are recognized internationally. Please review your country's regulations prior to enrolling in courses that prepare for certification.
Yes, upon successful completion of the course, you will have the foundational knowledge required for national certification. You may choose between two certification paths:
- You may sit for AECA's Certified EKG Technician Specialist (CETS) certification exam to earn a provisional certification. You will be able to assist other EKG techs, doctors, nurses, and various healthcare professionals. You will have six months to complete the clinical skills portion of EKG, an externship as an EKG technician, and administering at least 15 live EKGs, to convert to full certification. Completing clinical during the provisional period will put you on the path to becoming a fully certified EKG technician, so you can perform essential duties as delegated at your healthcare facility.
- You will also qualify for the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) full certification, Certified EKG Technician (CET), and may utilize the included Externship Starter Kit to achieve the clinical requirements (10 EKGs on live humans).
This course is self-paced and open enrollment, so you can start when you want and finish at your own pace. When you register, you'll receive six (6) months to complete the course.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact your Student Advisor to help you work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
You may be assigned with an instructor or team of industry experts for one-on-one course interaction. Your support will be available (via email) to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. All of our instructors are successful working professionals in the fields in which they teach. You will be assigned to an Advisor for academic support.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
This course will provide you with the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. Potential students should always do research on the job market in their area before registering.
This course is non-credit, so it does not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards will pay for qualified students to take our courses. Additionally, some students may qualify for financial assistance when they enroll, if they meet certain requirements. Financing is available from select schools. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us" form.