University of the District of Columbia
What you will learn
- The VHEP program prepares participants for future technologies and applications of virtual human interaction in the metaverse with a framework that can be applied to any virtual event experience
- Graduates will be able to confidently identify multiple options for a variety of virtual event platforms and make appropriate choices based on event mission, goals, and objectives
- Participants will get hands-on experience hosting and management of virtual events to build confidence, experience, and a portfolio of work in Virtual & Hybrid Event Planning
How you will benefit
- Gain the confidence to identify virtual platforms and capabilities in order to meet event objectives
- Acquire the experience and knowledge to troubleshoot common virtual event tech issues and remedy solutions quickly, making you more resourceful and a valued asset to stakeholders
- Emerge with a better understanding of the future of events and how to increase your value and marketability to consult and support corporations, companies, educational institutions, and the like with virtual and hybrid events
How the course is taught
- Self-paced, online course
- 9 Months to complete
- Open enrollment, begin anytime
- 300 course hours
- Introduction of Virtual vs. Hybrid vs. Live Events
- How to Produce, Design, Manage, and Plan an Immersive Hybrid Event
- Planning Your Event
- Quality Control
- Day of Event Process
- Layering Your Virtual Event Experience (Fundraisers)
- Layering Your Virtual Event Experience (Vendors)
- Final Project (Events) Presentations
Monica Mowad, CEP
Monica Mowad is an experienced Certified Corporate Event Planner who currently serves as a convention services manager at Hard Rock International. She has over a year of dedicated service at Hard Rock International, where she excels in her role of overseeing and coordinating all aspects of on-site logistics for both small and large conventions. Prior to her current role, she served as a catering convention service manager at Caesars Entertainment Corporation for four years. Monica's passion for events and entrepreneurship led her to explore the role of executive director of events at Societygal, and she founded E3Xperience, a virtual/hybrid event management company, in 2021. Monica holds a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from Rowan University and has earned certifications in virtual event and meeting management and creating hybrid events.
There are no prerequisites to complete this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word Online
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.
After you register, you will receive 9 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours.
The time allotted for course completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours. However, if you are unable to complete the course, contact the student advising team to see what options you may have available to work out a suitable completion date. Please note that an extension fee may be charged.
Our courses are designed to accommodate various learning preferences. Depending on the course structure, you may get different forms of support. Self-paced courses are designed to be user-friendly and independent, minimizing the need for external support. In courses with instructors, our direct platform support feature includes opportunities for questions, discussions, and remediation, with email and phone support available for select courses. Our student advising team is available to guide you on program requirements and administrative requests, but they do not provide assistance with course content. Our goal is to provide you with the necessary support for success, whether it's through self-paced exploration, direct communication, or guidance from our advising team.
Upon successfully passing the final exam, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from the school or organization that you registered through.
ed2go courses will help you gain the skills you need to obtain an entry-level position in most cases. However, you should always research the job market in your area before enrolling.
ed2go courses are non-credit, so they do not qualify for federal aid, FAFSA, and Pell Grant. In some states, vocational rehab or workforce development boards may provide funding to take our courses. Additionally, you may qualify for financial assistance if you meet certain requirements. Learn more about financial assistance.
If you have questions that are not answered on our website, representatives are available via LIVE chat. You can also call us at 1-877-221-5151 during regular business hours to have your questions promptly answered. If you are visiting us during non-business hours, please send us a question using the "Contact Us."